Die Cut & Emboss Machines
About Die Cutting & Embossing Machines
CraftDirect offers a nice selection of dual-purpose die cut and emboss machines at discount rates. As any experienced user will tell you, the right craft machine makes all the difference. Get quality cutting/embossing solutions with the best machines at discount prices online. Try our bundle deals! We have various options, including:
How Do Die Cut & Emboss Machines Work?
It's really a simple concept. The dies have blades on them. Don't worry, they are safe. All you have to do is sandwich your die with your material and your choice of cutting pads, and then you roll it through your machine. Every brand has different platform dimensions and unique cut/emboss accessories, so be aware of this as you make purchases.
Types of Cutters/Embossers
- Sizzix Big Shot - If anybody knows cutting and embossing, it's the experts Sizzix! Be sure to check out the Pro, Plus, and Express (electronic) options for Big Shot machines. Sizzix is known for large die-cutting and embossing projects. Sizzix offers some of the most well-designed dies and delightful embossing folders on the market, and some of those unique dies and folders require the size of the Big Shot to pull off.
- Evolution Advanced - We R Memory Keepers got into the game recently with an awesome little cutter/embosser that gives you an amazing option to operate it manually or automatically. Use the battery or the crank, depending on your preference and needs. Perfect for travel.
- Cricut Cuttlebug - A classic option, the Cuttlebug (made by Cricut) can be used with both dies and embossing folders. With the Cuttlebug you can emboss up to 12" long by 6" wide, and most of the embossing folders are either 4" x 6" or 5" x 7". This makes the Cuttlebug a great card embossing machine choice. The Cuttlebug allows you to emboss a variety of different material such as paper, cardstock, thin metal, some fabrics, thin felt, and fun foam.
When using the machine to cut any of these, the depth of your material should be less than 1/8". The Cuttlebug can use a wide range of brands when it comes to embossing folders; which provides a lot of variety for embossing. Another great feature of the Cuttlebug is the convenient carrying handle and the light weight design that make this die cut and embossing machine easy to take to Crops. This paper embossing machine is one of the lightest and most portable machines available on the market. Cuttlebug features include:
- Compatible with most embossing folders and dies
- Great for a wide variety of material such as cardstock, thin metal, some fabrics, thin felt, and more
- Compact and light weight for portability
- Craftwell Cut'N'Boss - One of best advantages of this machine is that it is an automatic embosser! While most other die-cutting and embossing machines have a hand crank system, the Cut'N'Boss is fully automatic, and designed with safety in mind. This machine can be used by small children without the fear of them getting caught in the machine mechanisms.
Buy Discount Die Cut/Emboss Machines Online
Any of these paper embossing machines will get the job done, it's really just a matter of preference for you. Here at CraftDirect, we only sell the best machines from brands you trust, so you can't go wrong with any of our options. Just remember the only thing that really matters is whether or not your machine is compatible with your dies and folders, and for the most part, most die cut and emboss machines are compatible with standard dies and folders.