Die Cutting & Embossing Supplies
About Die Cutting & Embossing Products
Use the best products to cut and emboss your cardstock and other material. Die cutting and embossing makes scrapbooking and card-making so much fun. At CraftDirect, we offer a variety of discount die cut/emboss supplies:
- Dies - cut your paper into fun shapes, phrases, projects, and more.
- Embossing folders - add texture to paper with delightful patterns
- Cut/emboss accessories - adapter pads, transfer film, etc.
- Metal embellishments - just one more way to decorate your paper project
- Electronic cutters - no need for dies, these cutting machines use cartridges and image files
- Die cut & emboss machines - both manual and automatic options, these machines require dies and folders to cut and emboss.
Die Cutting FAQs
The most common questions involve what kind of machine goes with which accessories. There are two things you will need to understand:
- Electronic cutters are very different from the machines that cut and emboss, in terms of functionality and operation.
- For machines that both cut and emboss, most dies and most folders go with most machines. However, you will want to check to make sure your machine's platform can handle bigger dies.
Embossing is accomplished with only a few tools, generally an embosser and a folder. Embossing folders have two sides - the "male" side or the side that will emboss your material and the "female" side that will deboss your image. Depending on what look you want, you can use either side of the material that has been in the embossing folder. These come in a variety of styles and sizes. Generally folders are sized 4" x 6" or 5" x 7", making it easy to emboss the most common sizes of cards. Some of the folders also have a special hinge for continuous embossing, so that you can emboss longer than the embossing folder would generally let you do. This feature is great for those who want the embossed look in their scrapbook or on other large projects.
There are a few different techniques that are most commonly used for paper crafting blind embossing is the most common. This is done without any ink or other pigment on your material, only the paper or other material is used. The second most common technique is using ink, which is done by applying ink to one side of your folder and then running it through your embosser, thus creating your paper that is embossed and applying ink at the same time. Finally there is foil embossing, which uses a very thin foil and heat to apply the sheet of foil to the embossed area of your paper.
Buy Cutting & Embossing Supplies Online
Save on your next craft project by purchasing your paper embossing products here at CraftDirect. Preserve your memories and decorate your home in style with all the right tools and accessories. Check out our paper crafting blog for inspiration for your embossing projects.