About Craft Leather
Whether you are making home decor, jewelry, or a little embellishment for your card or scrapbook project, a little craft leather never hurt anyone. We carry cowhide, lambskin and faux leather. Save on the best craft material at CraftDirect and make incredible projects. A crafter is only as good as the material she/he uses. We have everything you need to make your leather projects great, including die cutters and jewelry dies.
How to Use Leather for Crafts
First and foremost, you're going to have to cut your leather in order to craft with it. There are three main methods for accomplishing this:
- Use an electronic cutter - for these types of projects, we recommend faux leather made by the experts at Cricut and Silhouette America. You can use cartridges and/or electronic files to select your designs and the machine does the work for you cutting out your leather craft material.
- Use a hand cranked cutter - for crafters that like to do it the old fashioned way, with dies and cutting pads, we like recommend you go with the Sizzix leather. All you have to do is sandwich your craft leather in between the two cutting pads with the die(s) and run it through your machine. It will probably take a couple passes, but the cuts will be precise.
- Use scissors - for simple designs, this can be a good way to go. The more intricate the design, the longer it will take and the harder it will be.
If you have any more questions about these products, please contact. We are happy to share our expertise with you and we want to make sure that you get the right leather supplies for your needs.
Buy Leather Craft Material Online
You will want to make sure you have all the required accessories before you work with leather for crafts. so that your project goes uninterrupted. As mentioned, we carry some great brands that offer you quality solutions for your craft projects, so you can't go wrong, no matter who you choose:
- Cricut faux leather
- Silhouette specialty material - we don't have a dedicated page for Silhouette leather, because they only have a few options.
- Sizzix material - again, you'll have to browse around to find the lambskin and cowhide leather material
If you want to learn more about these types of projects, check out our product resource videos below.