by Richelle Naegle
We R Memory Keepers has a great line of Punch Boards on the market right now. Some of the most popular ones that we carry are the Envelope punch board, the Gift Bag punch, as well as the Flower punch board and the Pinwheel punch board! And if you haven't had a chance yet, you should definitely check out the Alphabet punch board! This punch board was just released in 2016 and it allows you to make every letter in the alphabet as well as numbers.
There are so many We R Memory Keepers punch board projects that you can do, but for this blog post, we will focus on just two of them. Save on We R paper, which offers amazing designs on quality cardstock.
Flower Punch Board Projects
Today I am going to show you how easy it is to use the Flower punch board. With just a few easy steps you can create beautiful flowers in seconds.
- First, you will need to decide how big of a flower you want and how many layers you want to do. My largest one is 6" in diameter and the smallest is 3". (You can go all the way from 3" to 22.5" in diameter with this punch board)
- Using the size chart printed on the board, you will need to cut your strips to the correct sizes for each flower. (see image to the left)
- Then simply align the left side of your Scrapbook paper to the correct line and punch and score twice (once straight and once vertical) easy guidelines and score tool are included.
- Then just repeat that step until you have finished the entire sheet.
- Fold all score lines using an accordion fold and glue together.
- If you want to add some depth to your flowers you can use the including rounding tool and simply roll the paper around the tool. (I didn't like how it looked when I inserted it into the slot) It made a funny crease in the paper so I just curled it around the tool.
- Last you can use the We R Memory Keepers Flower Stems to complete a beautiful bouquet.
Pinwheel Punch Board Projects
The second punch board we have is the Pinwheel punch board and it's as much for kids as adults. While I was making these fun flowers, my eight-year-old son was making pinwheels. Yep, that's how easy these are to create, a little boy can do it. I showed him just once how to put the sticks together and cut them and he took it from there.
With these, you can either make a single pinwheel using one sheet of cardstock paper or a double pinwheel using two sheets. You will definitely want to get the pinwheel attachments from We R Memory Keepers. They are sold in packages of 12 and come in a variety of colors. This punch board allows you to make Pinwheels anywhere from 3" - 12" in diameter.
Have you used any of the Punch Boards? Let me know which one is your favorite and please share some of your craft art you made with them on our Paper Crafting Fanatics Google+ Page. We R is known for making great solutions for crafters. Check out our We R Memory Keepers tools and enjoy discount prices.