Note: the Curio will be available some time in July, 2015. We will have pre-order information very soon.
This is the DIY machine the crafting world has been waiting for! CraftDirect.com is proud to announce the upcoming release of the New Silhouette Curio system. I recently got back from a conference in Hawai'i that Silhouette America hosted and I gotta say, I am really excited about this product. They answered all my questions, and did thorough demos (video coming soon). It's amazing what this machine can do:
- cuts - including deep cuts
- scores - make precise folds in your projects
- embosses - deep embossing potential
- sketches - I saw it draw on wood with a self-sharpening pencil with my own eyes!
- stipples - designs made of tiny dots
- etches - make designs on metal, etc.
It uses Silhouette Studio software and with a membership you can get projects from their Design Store, just like with the classic Silhouette machines. The Curio is going to revolutionize the way we look at craft machines. We love innovation at CraftDirect, and we can't wait for this original invention.
What Does the Silhouette Curio Include?
- Studio software
- Basic instruction guide
- Curio regular base - 8.5" x 6"
- Curio embossing pad - 8.5" x 6"
- Curio cutting mat - 8.5" x 6"
- Standard cutting blade
- Embossing tools - one wide Curio embossing tool and one fine embossing tool
- Power and USB cords
- One free month subscription to the Design Store
- 50 designs exclusive to Silhouette
What Are the Add-Ons?
As you can see, the machine comes with a lot of features, but you can't reach its full capability and utilize all its functions without the right accessories. Get the most out of your Curio and save with us. We will be offering exclusive bundles when the product is here, so stay tuned for details.
Large Base Set
- Large Curio Base
- Four platforms - two = 1.5mm, and two = 3.5mm
- Curio embossing pad - 8.5" x 12"
- Curio cutting mat - 8.5" x 12"
Attachments and Accessories
There are various adapters and attachments that will allow you to explore every feature of the Curio.
- Silhouette deep cut blade
- Premium blade
- Stipple/etching tool
- Aluminum stippling sheets
- Metal etching sheets
- Paper for scoring and embossing
- Felt tip pens
- And more!
Check Back for Updates on the Silhouette Curio
If you're anything like me, you'll be anxiously waiting for July to get here. We will have our annual Christmas in July promotions, and we are going to knock your socks off with the deals we offer, and it will be no exception with the new Silhouette Curio DIY craft machine. Tell us what you think below. Remember to save on Silhouette material at CraftDirect. It's never a bad idea to go with the tried and true. If you need a cutting machine, check out the Silhouette CAMEO 3.