I love Anna Griffin designs! Have I mentioned that before. 🙂 Today we have another NEW Cricut cartridge that was just released – that makes three for this month and it’s not over yet! Did you know that the Cricut Explore Air 2 cuts twice as fast?
The latest release is Anna’s Decorative Monograms cartridge, which as the name suggests, is all about the monograms. It has three different monogram styles so that you have a variety of options. I wanted to make a fun home decor project and my thought was what’s better than making a new pillow for my family room?
The right heat transfer material can make all the difference, so be sure you choose a quality product. This is a smaller pillow and the “R” is cut out at 7″.
- Always flip your image so that it’s backwards, other wise you wont be able to read it.
- I use the CGull pick tool to easily remove the excess material. This is my favorite and most used tool from this set.
- Iron your material first to make sure you don’t have wrinkles, this also warms up your material making it easier for the Cricut Iron-on or Silhouette heat transfer to adhere to your fabric.
- Make sure you iron all the edges to insure that it sticks well.
- You can tell when the material has released from the backing. When you look at it you will notice that the material is not as bright. It’s because it has released.
- Give the carrier sheet about 20 seconds to cool down before peeling it back. Saves getting your fingers burned and also allows that extra heat to set the iron-on material.
- Slowly peel the carrier sheet away at an angel.
Save on Cricut with CraftDirect.com and as always, happy creating!